I have been trying a few new recipes each week and I thought that I would share the goods ones with everyone. Here are my recommendations for this week:
Easy Tortelli Pesto Soup (really easy, found at http://www.kraftfoods.com/)
2 cans (14.5 oz. each) chicken broth
1 pkg. (9 oz.) refrigerated three cheese tortellini (I used Buitoni found ususally by the lunchables at Wal-Mart.)
2 roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup pesto (Buitoni also)
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese (I used grated and it tasted great.)
Bring broth to boil in large pan. Add pasta; cook 5-7 minutes adding tomatoes during the last minute. Remove from heat. Add pesto and cheese.
5 servings, 1 cup each
calories 290
fat 15 g
Great served with breadsticks!
Creamy Pesto-Chicken Casserole (easy, found in my Better Crocker Cookbook)
2 cups (6 oz.) uncooked radiatore pasta
1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, chopped and drained
1/3 cup pesto
1/4 cup fat-free skim milk
1 container (10 oz.) refrigerated reduced-fat Alfredo sauce (I used the Bertolli Garlic Alfredo bottled sauce and loved it.)
2 pkgs. (6 oz. each) refrigerated grilled chicken breast strips, chopped *
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 350. Spray 8X8X2 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook pasta 9 minutes as directed on package. Return to saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese. Spoon into baking dish.
Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes. Spinkle with cheese.
4 servings, 1 1/2 cup each
calories 510
fat 26 g
*If you don't want to buy the already cooked chicken, you are not alone. While it is easy, it is also pricey. I just used chopped boneless skinless chicken breasts that I cooked in a little olive oil and seasoned with garlic salt, italian seasoning, and pepper. I don't know the amounts, because I just sprinkle as I cook.
I loved both recipes and would definitely make them again. I will tell you right now that pesto is around $5.50 for a container, but if you can make two meals with it and still have some left over it is worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thanks for sharing. I will give them a try.
Let me know if you like them!
Has it really been two weeks? Is it okay if I use one of your recipes for the ward cookbook? I want you in it! So, Jenni, I miss you. I still can't believe you are gone! We started calling cousins to come over and play because we are so lonely. Caleb made friends with Tayden, across the street. He is Dallin's age. It is too bad we didn't all get together before.
I hope you have fun with your parents this weekend!
I tried the pesto soup last night for dinner and it was wonderful!
Post a Comment