Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 6 - Fresh Apple Cake with Caramel Sauce


I used my food processor for this recipe!!!!!! You may ask yourself why this is so exciting? Well, many years ago, nine to be exact, my husband, then fiance went to register at Target. One thing that I was sure that I needed as a new bride was a food processor. I made sure that I scanned that one right away. Who cares about that full body chair massager that Jerry wanted?!! I needed a food processor. Lucky us, we received not one, but three food processors. We returned two and used the money for our computer fund. Little did we know, we really could have returned three, because in the last nine years, I have only used my food processor five times. But thanks to my new cookbook, that's all about to change.

Anyway, back to the recipe. It calls for shredded apples, thus the food processor. This makes the cake extremely moist. I loved it! Of course, I haven't met a cake that I didn't like!! It calls for a caramel sauce to be drizzled over the top, but it really doesn't need it. It is absolutely delicious without it, not to mention less fat and calories.
Dallin liked it, and he even knew it had apples in it. Amazing!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Jenny - where are your recipes? I know you posted a long time ago where you get these recipes...but can you remind me? Is it a website? or a cookbook? That cake looks yummy!

Jenni said...

This cake was made from a recipe in the Worldwide Ward Christmas Cookbook!